Semi / Lowboy Driver
Posted On: 3/1/2013
Position includes driving semi or lowboy trucks with a capacity of more than 3 tons to transport materials and equipment to and from specific destinations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform any combination of the following tasks:
- Must report to work on time each day scheduled with adequate weather and job appropriate clothing, and must be prepared to work.
- Skills in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations such as narrow passageways.
- Load, secure load being hauled, and unload truck, with assistance from the crew when applicable.
- Must inspect equipment, truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, diesel, oil, water and all other fluid levels.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as but not limited to changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains and spark plugs.
- Prepares receipts for load pickup.
- May be required to drive dump trucks, batch trucks and other types of vehicles.
- Check with foreman to receive instruction on next day's assignment at the end of each day.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
- Dependable, ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner.
- Must be able to work well with others and promote a team environment.
- Must be familiar with DOT regulations applicable to vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer physical and drug test.
- Must have reliable transportation to assigned project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous work related skills, knowledge, or experience (road construction or farming background) preferred, however, experience may be obtained with on-the-job training.
- Must have valid Class A CDL with ability to maintain DOT required medical certification and Hazardous Materials Endorsement or ability to obtain said endorsement. Must be able to meet company driving requirements based on driving history.
- Must adhere to company safety policies at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries, no matter how trivial, to supervisor immediately.
- Must wear class 2 garment.
- Must recognize need for and use personal protective equipment.
for this position.