Posted On: 2/13/2012
Position includes analyzing malfunctions and repairs, and rebuilding and maintaining construction equipment. May be assigned to a construction crew or to the shop. Assist in assembly and dismantling of equipment. Must provide own tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform any combination of the following tasks:
- Must report to work on time each day scheduled with adequate weather and job appropriate clothing, and must be prepared to work.
- Operate and inspect machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Repair and maintain construction equipment including but not limited to loaders, paving machines, motorgraders, trench digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Replace defective engines and subassemblies such as hydraulic units and transmissions.
- Weld broken parts and structural members.
- Direct workers engaged in cleaning parts, assist with assembly and disassembly of equipment, set up paving spread, and perform small engine repairs.
- Check with supervisor to receive instruction on next day's assignment at the end of each day.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities)
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and able to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner.
- Must be able to work well with others and promote a positive team environment.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer physical and drug test.
- Must have reliable transportation to assigned project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Background or formal training in heavy equipment maintenance (two year technical degree) preferred.
- Previous work related skills, knowledge, or experience (road construction or farming background) preferred, however, experience may be obtained with on-the-job training.
- Must have valid driver's license, minimum of Class B CDL with ability to maintain DOT required medical certification, and ability to meet company driving requirements based on driving history.
- Must adhere to company safety policies at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries, no matter how trivial, to supervisor immediately.
- Must wear class 2 garment.
- Must recognize need for and use personal protective equipment.
for this position.